Tiles are usually bought when one is in need of covering the floor in one’s home. Unlike carpets that can cover larger areas with comfort and warmth, tiles cannot do that. Tiles are generally used when people want to make their homes look cleaner or when they would like to keep it clean most of the time. Tiles play an important role in interior design of home. When it comes to tiles, they are made of many materials and come in different shapes and sizes that can fit the style you would like your home to have. Tiles are even used as bathroom or kitchen floorings for their waterproofing characteristics which keep them practical and looking good at the same time. Therefore tiles are one of the top choices for flooring options.
Many tiles can be found in the market today and each has its own advantages and disadvantages. However there are some that stand out from rest due to their unique properties that make them ideal for specific areas of your home. In this article we will go through a number of different types of floor tiles.
Porcelain tiles are extremely hard and non-porous which makes them even more durable than ceramic tiles. If you are looking for something that will last a long time, look no further than porcelain tiles. They also come in the different colors, shapes and sizes as most other types of floorings do so it is easy to match them with the interior style of your home. Here are some reasons why you should consider porcelain tiles:
– Stain proof – Porcelain tiles will not stain unless they come into contact with acids, alkalis and some other substances. This makes them ideal for kitchens and bathrooms where water and spills can leave marks on ceramic or vinyl floorings.
– Non porous – Porcelain tiles are completely non porous so they wont absorb dirt or moisture. This makes them a great choice for areas where water is routinely spilled like kitchens and baths.
– Easy to care for – Porcelain tiles are very easy to clean. All you need is a regular mop with water and detergent or white vinegar which can be used after baking soda is applied on the floor. This will leave your floors shiny and new looking every time they are washed.
– Best for high traffic areas – Since porcelain tiles are very hard and durable, they will not show any scratches from being walked on frequently. This makes them perfect for living rooms or dining rooms where a lot of people come in and out every day.
Laminate tiles are made to look like other types of flooring such as ceramic, vinyl and wood. The advantage that laminate tiles have over the real ones is that they are sturdier and more durable. They will not show any scratches or marks even from heavy foot traffic which makes them a practical choice in areas that receive a lot of use. Here are some reasons why you should use laminate flooring for your home:
– Easy to clean – Laminate tiles can be easily cleaned with a regular mop and water or vinegar, no special tools or detergents needed. This means that they are easy to maintain which is certainly an advantage over other types of flooring.
– Stain resistant – Laminate tiles are stain resistant so spills will not stand out on the tiles. This makes them practical for kitchens and bathrooms where water is easily spilled from sinks or showers.
– Great design – Laminate tiles can mimic the appearance of other types of flooring such as porcelain, vinyl and wood which makes them very versatile. This allows you to choose one that best matches the look and style of your home’s interior.
– Best for high traffic areas – Laminate tiles are very durable and sturdy so they can withstand heavy traffic. This makes them a practical choice in hallways, entryways and living rooms where people walk in frequently.
– Low cost – Compared to other types of flooring such as hardwood or vinyl, laminate tiles are cheaper which means that you can spend your money on other items.
Marble tiles give an extravagant touch to any home. While it is true that marble can be dirty and stain easily, there are certain benefits to using them in your home. Marble flooring for homes are durable since they are made from natural stone which makes them fantastic choices for bathrooms or kitchens where spills are common. Here are some benefits to using marble tiles in your home:
– Highly Durable – Marble tiles are made of natural stone so they are very hard and durable. This makes them perfect for areas where there is frequent foot traffic like kitchen floors.
– Easy of Cleaning – Cleaning marble tiled floor are easier than most other flooring types. All that is needed is a regular mopping with water and a little bit of dishwashing liquid added in. This allows for easy upkeep even if you don’t have much time to clean your house frequently.
– Versatile – Marble flooring tiles are very versatile so they can match any style or design of your home. You can choose from a variety of colors and designs to find one that best suits the interior of your house.
– Customizable – Since marble tiled floors are made from natural stone, they can be customized to fit any desired shape or size. This allows you to fit the tiles perfectly in any area that needs tiled flooring.
Ceramic Tile is a practical choice for most homes since it is made from clay and glazed to give it a shiny and smooth finish. Ceramic tiles for home floors are easy to clean and can last a very long time if maintained properly. Here are some of the benefits of using ceramic flooring for your home:
– Environmental friendly – Ceramic tiles are made from natural clay which makes them very eco-friendly. This means that they are great for the environment and will not harm your family in any way.
– Elegant appearance – Ceramic tiles come in all sorts of different styles and colors so you can pick one that matches with your home’s interior theme. They also come in various sizes so it is easy to find one that matches the size of your room.
– Resistant – Compared to other tiles made from different materials, ceramic tiles are less susceptible to damage which means that they will last longer in time before needing replacement.
– Waterproof – Unlike carpeting that gets damaged if water is spilled on it, ceramic tiles are waterproof. Therefore they are very practical for bathrooms or kitchens where spills are common.
– Low maintenance – To keep ceramic tiles looking shiny and new, you just need to mop the floor with water or vinegar and use a dry cloth to wipe it off. This can remove dust and dirt particles and give it a nice appearance without having to worry about repairs and replacements every few months.
Floor tiles can be a great way to decorate and add beauty to any home and in creating the “WOW” word from your guests. When choosing flooring tiles for any room in your home, it is important to consider the cost of the tile, how durable it will be, its ease of maintenance and if it enhances the overall look of your decor.